Tuesday 24 April 2012

tarn rug..again!

having accumulated another stash of grotty t shirts..i decided to make another tarn rug, for those who don't know, tarn is t shirts cut into fabric! You can also use tights (pantyhose) , jeans , called jarn..anything really. I prefer the spiral method of cutting , something quiet cathartic about snipping it up to be honest, at the moment I've run out of stuff to add, but I've done another 3 rounds more after this picture, I'm hoping to have one big enough for the new attic room.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Laura and woudl so love to have a go with my stash of tights, do you have a link to a tutorial as I have no idea where i would start with attempting this. Thank you for inspiring and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi chick! Sure do one of my friends made this great tut, its the same method i use for making plarn too have fun let me know how you get on http://plastiqrecreation.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/how-to-make-hosiery-pantyhose-yarn-aka.html

      Delete